Even though this certification is still quite new, many IT professionals throughout the world are paying particular heed and attention to it.
But earning the title of Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Expert won’t do you much good if you don’t realize how much value it will bring you.
But don’t worry! We’re going to enlighten you about that in this blog. We will also discuss the learning path of this certification.
Let us first give you a brief introduction to Azure DevOps.
What Is Azure DevOps?
When developing applications on the Microsoft Azure platform, developers can use a collection of services called Azure DevOps to implement the DevOps methodology. Microsoft Azure offers the following services:
- Azure DevOps Services for the Azure cloud
- Azure DevOps Servers (formerly, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, VTFS) for on-premises infrastructures)
The developers may administer the products and automate the complete workflow with the help of these two Azure DevOps services, which results in the constant delivery of software services.
Azure DevOps Exam Overview
Exam code: AZ-400
Certification title: DevOps Engineer Expert
Prerequisites: 2 certifications
Required exam for Azure DevOps Expert certification: AZ-400
Retirement date: None
Exam cost: 165 USD
Passing score: 700
Languages: English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified, Korean, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Italian, Indonesian (Indonesia)
Course outline of Microsoft Azure DevOps Certification:
Course outline of Microsoft Azure DevOps certifications is given below:
1. Configure processes and communications (10-15%)
- Communicate deployment and release information with business stakeholders
- Generate DevOps process documentation
- Automate communication with team members
2. Design and implement source control (15-20%)
- Develop a modern source control strategy
- Plan and implement branching strategies for the source code
- Configure repositories
- Integrate source control with tools
3. Design and implement build and release pipelines (40-45%)
- Explore the microservices architecture
- Examine classical deployment patterns
- Understand modern deployment patterns
4. Develop a security and compliance plan (10-15%)
- Describe SQL injection attack
- Understand DevSecOps
- Explore Secure DevOps Pipeline
- Explore key validation points
- Explore continuous security validation
- Understand threat modeling
- Exercise threat modeling
5. Implement an instrumentation strategy (10-15%)
- Design and implement logging
- Design and implement telemetry
- Integrate logging and monitoring solutions
Who Is Recommended To Take Azure DevOps Certification?
The following are recommended to take Azure DevOps certification:
- DevOps engineers or infrastructure administrators who also have subject matter expertise in working with people, products and processes to enable the continuous delivery of value in organizations.
- Those responsible for the coding, infrastructure, collaboration, security, integration, compliance, source control, testing, monitoring, delivery, and feedback.
- DevOps engineers working on cross-functional teams that include developers, site reliability engineers, and Azure administrators.
Candidates for this certification must have experience with administering and developing in Azure, with strong skills in at least one of these areas. They should be familiar with both Azure DevOps and GitHub.
Recommended follow-up: Best Microsoft Certifications for Beginners: Choose Your Career Wisely
What Skills Are Expected From A Microsoft Azure Devops Expert?
Azure DevOps Certification incorporates many skills. After attaining this certification, you will be able to:
- Manage source control
- Facilitate communication and collaboration
- Define and implement continuous integration
- Define and implement a continuous delivery and release management strategy
- Develop an instrumentation strategy
- Develop a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Strategy
- Develop a security and compliance plan
What Are The Prerequisites For Taking The Exam?
As Azure DevOps Certification is an expert-level certification, it has some prerequisites which must be fulfilled in order to become eligible for taking the AZ-400 exam. As per demand of Microsoft, you must pass Azure Administrator Associate or Azure Developer Associate certifications. It means that if you have passed any of these two certifications, you can apply for Microsoft DevOps Engineer certification. Additionally, you should also acquire the skills of development and management in Azure. Having hands-on prior experience is also a plus point.
How Can You Prepare For Microsoft Azure Devops Certification?
Several online training courses can help prepare candidates for the exam. Microsoft provides a free online learning path that covers the skills measured in the AZ-400 exam. Microsoft also provides a paid online, five-day, instructor-led course: AZ-400T00: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps solutions. This course is offered in the following languages: English, Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, and Korean.
Learn more: AZ-400 exam study guide
Are Practice Tests For Azure DevOps Useful?
Azure DevOps practice tests are useful for a number of reasons as discussed below:
- You cannot develop a complete understanding of the core modules unless you attempt practice tests.
- Practice tests are help make you learn and understand exam topics properly.
- They are also useful to figure out the topics which need more understanding.
- Taking an online Azure DevOps practice test will also help you to become insightful of the actual exam environment.
Practice: Az-400 exam dumps to pass the exam
What Type Of Questions Should You Expect In The Exam?
The questions on the exam are written in a variety of formats, including:
- Single-choice questions
- Multiple-choice questions
- Questions involving sequence arrangement
- Case studies in which you have to solve scenario-based questions
How Long Will It Take To Complete The Exam?
The allotted time to complete the Azure DevOps exam is 210 minutes. During this time, you have to complete about 40-60 questions.
What Are The Tips To Prepare For Azure DevOps Exam?
Azure DevOps exam is not a doodle to achieve. You may need some guidelines to pass this exam. Following are a few great tips to pass Azure DevOps certification:
- Understand the prerequisites for this examination-i.e. passing Associate examinations and gaining relevant experience.
- Start taking online or instructor-led training to master the concepts.
- Understand all the concepts in detail. Mark the modules that you have prepared.
- Revise the concepts timely.
- Take practice tests to understand where your preparation stands.
- Schedule and take your Azure DevOps test with full confidence.
How Much Does an Azure DevOps Certified Earn?
The average salary of Azure DevOps engineers is $86,000 per year. According to various surveys, an expert Azure DevOps engineer can make up to $196,000 per year according to Ziprecruiter
What Is The Worth Of Microsoft Azure DevOps Certification?
Microsoft Azure has gained substantial demand in recent times. Earning Microsoft Azure DevOps certifications has keys benefits as stated below:
- It provides you assuring career. A Microsoft Azure DevOps certified has a very high chance to land an engineer position.
- Since Azure DevOps is an expert-level certification, it offers higher salary range.
- There are many resources where you can prepare Azure DevOps modules. So you can easily prepare for this certification.
- This certification is evidence of your understanding of the learnings of this position.
- This certification is important for the progress of your professional success. More employers will be willing to hire you because of this expert-level certification.
Read more: Microsoft certifications perks and benefits
A great reason to earn an Azure certification is the rising need for careers in cloud computing. Additionally, it may open up more favorable job prospects for you in other fields and locales. The certificate also provides a variety of professional development opportunities that can assist you in reaching your objectives. You would now have a better understanding of whether you should earn an Azure DevOps certificate or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is DevOps high paying?
Yes, Azure DevOps is one of the most highly paid jobs when you compare it to other job positions in the IT industry.
Is Azure DevOps a good career in 2023?
Azure DevOps expert position is ideal to take into account if you want to develop a successful career in the cloud. Various occupations require great Cloud computing expertise, thus employers are willing to provide competitive remuneration to qualified applicants
Is Azure DevOps certification difficult?
Generally, obtaining an Azure DevOps certification is not difficult, but it does take some hardwork. Be sure to prepare for the exam and have a working knowledge of Azure associate prerequisite certifications before taking it if certification is something you’re interested in pursuing. Prepare yourself to demonstrate your expertise in the topics covered by the certification exam as well.
Can I learn DevOps in 2 months?
Usually, it takes about six months to learn about DevOps, if you have some basic Linux admin and networking skills. You need to cover all the domains of DevOps certification in detail.
Is Azure DevOps the future?
Yes, it is right to say that Azure DevOps is the next big thing that would rule the IT industry in the future. Azure DevOps is a great software that can be used to frame and deploy other software.
Can a non-coder learn Azure DevOps?
You do not need coding skills to use Microsoft Azure DevOps.
Recommended follow up
AI-900 Certification Guide -Machine learning and artificial intelligence
SC-200 EXAM-Complete Guideline for Passing Security Operations Analyst Certification
Microsoft SC-300 Exam: A Quick Guide Answering all Your Queries Regarding Certification
Do you want to pass the SC-400 EXAM-Read this Guide First
Complete Roadmap for Microsoft PL-300 Exam Passing Tips & Tricks
Top tips for Nailing Microsoft AZ-305 Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions Exam
Learn more about Latest Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 Exam 2023