Are you planning to start your career in data mining and don’t know how to prove your skills in big data platforms? Don’t worry. We are here to help you out. The name Big Data itself indicates it is related to the high volume, variety, and velocity of data. Well-known businesses and many other companies are shifting to the digital world. Research has shown that by 2025 people will generate up to 181 zettabytes of data. Thus to store and access that data effectively, we need productive platforms.
What Is Big Data?
Big data is a vast collection of information used by different companies for analytical companies. This collection of data is used by businesses, governmental organizations, as well as scientists for their own purpose. Do you know how big data can help these organizations and companies? Yes, all of us are aware of it in some ways. We know google gathers the search history, locations, trends, and much other information to provide the most beneficial and authentic knowledge we are looking for. Moreover, Amazon collects our search history and uses it for marketing campaigns.
In this modern world, data is not only restricted to search history or location. Organizations fetch different photos, videos, as well as audio as their data collection to provide you best ever experience. As the data is becoming vast, the need for professionals such as data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and administrators is increasing rapidly.
Big Data Certifications
Thanks to the infinite innovations, IT professionals can enhance their expertise by getting in-demand Big Data Certifications. These certifications validate your skills in managing, storing, transferring, and analyzing a large amount of data. If you are planning to move or start your career in any MNC or reputable company, attaining a Big Data certification will be the best starting point. Let’s see how these certifications can perk up your career.
- The certification acts as an industry-related benchmark to prove that you possess a specific skill set as a Big Data Specialist.
- You can land lucrative job roles. Every business and organization is trying to drive forward their expertise in Big data processing. But, the volume of Big Data professionals does not meet the market demand. As a result, every company wants to grab these professionals by offering them remunerative salaries.
- The great scientist Albert Einstein said, “Once you stop learning, you start dying.” The same goes for Big Data certifications. It brings a plethora of new skills to excel in your career. In simple words, getting a Big Data Certification means excelling in your career from a conventional IT profession to a specialized data analyst profession by learning new skills.
- You only need a little time investment to get new expertise. There is no need to say goodbye to your professional world for years and enroll in school to get a new degree. What you have to do is devote your free time to preparing for your certification exam and make some time to take the exam.
- The Big Data certifications act as a spotlight on you in a job-seekers crowd. Learning a skill is easy. But validating your specific skills can be difficult. Thus, adding these certifications to your resume can highlight you in a competitive market.
Discovering the best certification for your career start or growth can be a bit difficult. Let’s take a look at the most in-demand Big Data Certifications.
Top 6 Sought-after Big Data Certifications
- AWS Certified Big Data Specialist
- DASCA Big data engineer
- DASCA Big Data Analyst
- Intellipat Big Data Hadoop
- Cloudera CDP Data Developer
- Dell Associate Data Science
1. AWS Certified Big Data Specialist
Amazon is also well known for its web services besides its globally spread e-commerce platform. The AWS platform is one of the top organizations that offer IT Certifications. AWS Certified Big Data Specialist certification is now available as AWS Certified Data Analyst-Specialist. These professionals can implement Big Data services corresponding to basic architectural practices. Moreover, a Big Data specialist can impose different tools to automate data analysis. If you want to design and maintain data on the AWS Cloud platform, no doubt, this certification is for you.
2. DASCA Big data Engineer Track
The platform of DASCA provides a track to excel in your career as a Big Data engineer. The certification validates your skills in developing software, applications, and programs to efficiently collect and analyze vast amounts of data. The track includes two certifications, i.e., ABDE and SBDE.
It is an entry-level certification to jump-start your career in the Big Data Industry.
It is an expert-level certification for software engineers who want to rekindle their career in a Big Data space.
3. DASCA Big Data Analyst Track
The DASCA Big data Analyst track is ideal for individuals who want to begin or accelerate their career growth as data analysts. These professionals possess the skills of researching and analyzing data in addition to managing the information system of an organization. This certification track also includes two certifications, i.e., ABDA and SBDA.
It is a basic-level certification to set up your career in the field of Data Science
It is an expert-level certification to prove your expertise as Data Analytics Specialist.
4. Intellipat Big Data Hadoop
The platform of Intellipat offers training that leads toward a Big Data Certification. The certified individuals have expertise in working on Hadoop for Big Data management. Moreover, these individuals know the basics of Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, and ZooKeeper, They can work with Avro Data formats along with using Hadoop and Apache Spark. This training is equivalent to six-month experience in the data industry.
5. Cloudera CDP Data Developer
The certified Cloudera CDP Data Developers have expertise in developing, building, and maintaining data pipelines and applications on Cloud Data Platforms. These professionals have skills as data scientists, data analysts, and as well as Cloudera machine learning.
6. Dell Associate Data Science
The data science certification validates your fundamental knowledge and skills in completing data science projects. The Dell Associate Data Science exam focus on the 8-methods of advanced analytics.
Big Data Certification Job Roles
You can apply for the following job roles after getting a Big Data Certification
- Software Engineer.
- Data Engineer Specialist. …
- Specialist, Data Ops.
- Application Support Specialist.
- Global Sales Engineering Specialist
- Data Analyst.
- Sales Specialist – Data & AI.
In a Nutshell
We can see that applications and software to deal with Big Data is the future of the IT world. Although it brings a range of jobs, to land these certifications you will definitely need Certifications. Let’s advance your career in Data Science.
Yes, Big Data certification is beneficial for both employers and employees. The certification helps you land on remunerative jobs and excel in your career as an employee.
If you want to start your career in a big data field, you should have graduated in data science, information technology, computer science, or related fields. Then earning any of the top Big Data certifications can help you advance in your career.
It is not compulsory to learn to code for big data certification. Even with no prior knowledge, you can start your career as Big data Professional.
- Programming languages.
- Data Structure and algorithms.
- Quantitative analysis.
- Machine learning, AI, and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Data mining.
- Interpretation and data visualization.