Cost is the major factor that we look for when we have to choose any certification. Undoubtedly, CompTIA Security+ certification is the most preferred credential. But there are many other certifications in the domain of security. How do they compare to the CompTIA Security+ exam in terms of cost? Secondly, it gets much more feasible if you could get a discount on the exam or training session. To solve these problems, this blog will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the cost of the CompTIA Security+ exam.
What is the basic cost to take the CompTIA Security+ exam?
An exam voucher is issued to take the CompTIA Security+ exam. A voucher is just like a ticket you need to enter the exam. The voucher can be purchased on behalf of the candidate who has to take the exam. The authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider will require you to confirm your voucher to allow you to take the exam. The cost of the voucher varies from country to country.
Important considerations you need to know about CompTIA Security vouchers
- Vouchers are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- One voucher is applicable towards one exam at an authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise noted.
- You must register and take your exam prior to the voucher expiration date.
- Voucher expiration dates cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Certification exam retirement dates supersede voucher expiration dates. CompTIA may retire certifications and corresponding exams prior to voucher expiration dates.
- Visit the CompTIA website for certification exam information, including exam launch and retirement dates.
- Vouchers are country and currency restricted.
- CompTIA and the participating test providers are not responsible for lost or stolen vouchers.
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash or credit.
- CompTIA vouchers may not be resold.
The exam renewal cost for CompTIA Security+
Exam renewal cost refers to the fee that you need to pay to CompTIA in order to maintain your certification. CompTIA Security+ certification will expire 3 years after you have earned it. So you need to renew your certification before its expiry date.
- To maintain your certification, you need to complete your CE Units. CE Units are the Continuing Education Units that are points that will fulfill your criteria to renew the certification. You need 50 CE Units for CompTIA Security+ and the Units are paid.
- Secondly, you can obtain the CE online self-paced course from CertMaster for renewal.
- Another alternative method is to obtain a higher level CompTIA certification for the renewal of the Security+ certification.
Read more: How to renew your exam
The exam retake cost for CompTIA Security+
Exam retake cost is applicable in case you do not pass the CompTIA Security exam. You need to buy the exam voucher each time you take the exam. The cost of the retake voucher is the same as the actual Security+ exam voucher.
Read more: CompTIA Security+ Exam Retake policy
How much does the preparation add to cost?
Many academies and trainers offer to provide the CompTIA Security+ course. The cost of learning varies. The training courses range from $120-$350. In these courses, you will be taught by expert professionals who will help you to learn the course topics comprehensively. If you want to move on to a more affordable choice, there are many online videos available on Youtube. These CompTIA Security lectures are 3-5 hours long and you can learn at your own pace without any charges.
The next thing that would add to on cost is the practice papers. Practice questions are completely optional but they help you in learning the concepts real quick. Most candidates prefer to practice questions to lock their success. One of the most affordable and authentic exam dumps is Dumpsgate.
Read more: CompTIA A+ Certification Cost
Are there any discount vouchers available for CompTIA Security+?
You might be excited to know that discount vouchers are offered by the CompTIA academy. You need to provide the evidence by showing the student ID card and your student portal to avail the student discounts. This discount is available exclusively for US students. If your case is validated, you can get an exam voucher for $209 to take the CompTIA Security exam.
Does any dump site offer a discounted price for the CompTIA Security+ exam?
The practice of dumps is preferred by 90% of the candidates. Dumps would save you the cost to buy the study guides and labs for the CompTIA Security. Practicing the recent questions taken from the original past papers would help you to reinforce your concepts and build a strong basis for the exam.
CompTIA Security opens up new opportunities for job positions. This certification is one of the golden badges on your resume. Your salary will elevate many times more. Thousands of candidates appear for the CompTIA Security exam to head to a better career. All important positions in IT Security are occupied by CompTIA Security certified professionals. Hence, it would be clear that CompTIA Security pays back much more than it cost to take the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
CompTIA Security is a technical exam that would take much struggle and hard work to prepare for the exam. Learning the concepts, and practicing them revising them is the key to success.
Normally, it takes 2 months to prepare for CompTIA Security. Some may even take 3 months. If you have prior knowledge of the concepts, you may cover the course as quickly in just 1 month.
CompTIA A+ is the basic certification that focuses on the basics of networking. Security+ certification helps you to learn about Security concepts in a more detailed version focusing on the threats, architecture, compliance, and implementation.
There are no formal prerequisites to take the CompTIA Security+ exam. But 2 years of experience in IT administration is recommended.