According to a great majority of candidates, achieving an IT certification is the validation of your knowledge and skills. Some may think that certifications are not a necessity. Are you willing to attain a test automation credential but confused about selecting the right certifications for you? This blog will provide you with a complete overview of the ISTQB Test Automation Engineer Certification.
The ISTQB® Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE) certification enables candidates to grasp the methods for the design, development, and maintenance of test automation solutions. The candidates would be able to earn hands-on knowledge of the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, defect management, software development processes, configuration management, and quality assurance. Methods learned from the CT-TAE exam can be applied across various software life cycle approaches, types of software systems, and test types.
Certification earned: Advanced Level- Test Automation Engineer
Certification provider: International Software Testing Qualifications Board
Exam name: CT-TAE exam
No. of Questions: 40 questions
Total marks: 75 marks
Passing marks: 49 marks
Exam Length: 90 minutes
Non- Native exam time: +25% Non-Native Language
Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
Languages: German, English, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish
Course Outline of CT-TAE Exam
1. Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation
- Purpose of Test Automation
- Success Factors in Test Automation
2. Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
3. The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Introduction to gTAA
- TAA Design
- TAS Development
4. Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance
5. Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metric
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
6. Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Identify Steps Needed to Implement Automation within Regression Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
7. Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
8. Continuous Improvement
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement
What Is The Target Audience Of Test Automation Engineer Certification?
The Test Automation Engineer certification is designed for candidates who already have experience in software testing and are focused on enhancing their skills in automation testing.
Which Prerequisite Test Is Required To Take The Test Automation Engineer Exam?
To take the Test Automation Engineer CT-TAE exam, you are required to pass the foundational test CTFL. The ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) certification helps you to learn the basic testing skills essential to learning advanced automation CTFL skills. You must have knowledge about the concepts and tools to implement the testing skills.
What Skills Will You Acquire Through the Test Automation Engineer Exam?
CT-TAE exam by ISTQB helps you to acquire the following skills:
- Design automated testing to deploy the testing process.
- Deploy tools to test various projects of an organization.
- Implement effective automation architecture plans.
- Convert the manual testing ideas to automated plans.
- Evaluate testing metrics and create final reports.
- Maintain the testing systems and assets for system maintenance
What Is The Worth Of Taking The Test Automation Engineer Exam?
- Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE) is a well-recognized automation testing certification offered by ISTQB.
- This exam helps you learn the expertise to enhance your professional competency.
- You would learn the most advanced skills needed to deploy testing automation tools and technology.
- A certified Testing Automation engineer is one of the basic needs for all technical organizations.
- Your salary can get a 2-3 times boost by gaining ISTQB Test automation engineer certification.
- CT-TAE is the advanced level credential that would help you to earn the next expert certifications and badges.
How To Schedule Your Test Automation Engineer Exam?
The first step is to get your exam voucher. After the completion of the first step, wait until you have your exam code. This may require one to two working days following the purchase. You can use the provided link to schedule the test, sign up for it, and find out the testing locations. Use your exam code to complete the payment process.
For your convenience, a registration manual is provided.
Once you’ve scheduled your exam, Pearson VUE will send you a confirmation email with the testing facility’s date, time, address, and contact information.
How To Gear Up For The CT-TAE Exam?
One of the most challenging tasks is deciding which is the most appropriate study material for preparing the Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE) exam.
- The first step is to study the course outline of the CT-TAE exam available on the official site.
- You should use a reliable study source to prepare for the CT-TAE exam. You can choose either a self-paced study course or a trainer-led study course. Accredited Training Providers offer training through virtual, classroom, and e-learning. ASTQB is the most popular to provide free and structured study and training material for the CT-TAE exam.
- Self-study is also available for students who want to study at their own pace. The syllabus and recommended material are available for self-study.
- Practicing your concepts is very important. It would help you to learn your study gaps. You can focus on the topics which are lacking in practice. Dumpsgate is the most authentic dumps site for exam practice.
- Take the mock test to test your preparation.
What Should Be My Next Move?
Earning test automation engineer certification can open several doors for you. It would let you earn the skills that validate your knowledge and expertise to plan and implement testing operations. When you are prepared to narrow your focus and learn the advanced expertise of IT testing, your ISTQB certification will certainly be worth it. Moreover, you can earn up to $90,000 per annum, which makes it highly desirable to become a test automation engineer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can retake the CT-TAE exam. There is no limit to the number of attempts for the exam. However, you need to pay the exam fee for every attempt.
The cost of the ISTQB Test Automation Engineer exam is USD 249.
ISTQB CT-TAE exam is an expert level certification so it is valid for 7 years.
You can take the ISTQB CT-TAE exam at home, office, or at the testing center. To take the test at home or the office, you must have a laptop. Make sure that the place where you take the exam is free from all distractions, and you must have a camera that will be used to invigilate your exam.
No, coding is not required for the CT-TAE exam.
It takes about 3-4 weeks to fully prepare for the CT-TAE exam. You need to study for 2-3 hours daily. Many course providers provide preparation classes and relevant material required to ace the CT-TAE exam.