Business analysis has gained a vast scope in the last few years. All major organizations hire business analysts to provide the best solutions for business problems by carrying out research and analysis of the business environment. Salesforce business analyst certification is the most recognized credential that polishes your skills. It helps you to stand out from the competition. Earning the Salesforce badge has boosted the salary of an individual to 120%.
Earning the Salesforce Business Analyst Certification is your goal? Is it hard for you to pass? Are you looking for a study plan to pace your exam preparation? In this blog, you will learn why students struggle to pass the Business Analyst exam. Moreover, you will learn the tips and resources to crack the exam.
Overview of Salesforce Business Analyst Certification
Firstly, let’s take a brief overview of the exam.
- Number of questions: 60 multiple-choice questions and 5 non-scored questions*
- Time to take the exam: 105 minutes (time allows for unscored questions)
- Passing score: 72%
- Registration fee: USD 200, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: USD 100, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Delivery options: Proctored exam delivered onsite at a testing center or in an online proctored environment.
Topics You Need to Prepare for the Exam
The following is the detailed course outline of the Business Analyst exam.
1. Customer Discovery: 17%
- Determine business strategies, goals, initiatives, and challenges to define the scope of business analysis.
- Discover how a customer is leveraging and benefiting from Salesforce products to establish the current state.
- Understand and explain Business Analyst roles and responsibilities in different phases of the implementation lifecycle.
- Apply the implementation lifecycle for planning business analysis activities.
- Analyze the customer’s Salesforce environment to identify opportunities and constraints.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Salesforce capabilities and its potential to recommend solutions to the business.
2. Collaboration with Stakeholders: 24%
- Plan discovery activities based on the target stakeholders to perform a thorough analysis of business needs.
- Identify key stakeholders and develop relationships with them as a trusted advisor to act as a liaison between business and technical teams.
- Given a scenario, choose the most effective technique for eliciting business needs from stakeholders.
- Explain how to move from current state analysis to an agreed future state design.
- Understand how Salesforce features and best practices impact solution options and business processes.
- Given a scenario, manage competing priorities to obtain sign-off from stakeholders.
3. Business Process Mapping: 16%
- Demonstrate how to define the scope of a complex business process and break it down into manageable steps.
- Apply understanding of hierarchical process mapping to engage stakeholders at different levels of an organization.
- Analyze and document a business process to elicit requirements and identify resources to visualize a future state.
- Apply governance on agreed future state processes to control scope.
4. Requirements: 17%
- Distinguish between requirements vs. user stories to engage business and technical stakeholders.
- Verify and prioritize existing requirements and identify new requirements to develop the future state.
- Document requirements in a version controlled repository to manage scope.
5. User Stories: 18%
- Understand the components of a user story to perform thorough analysis.
- Contrast the difference between acceptance criteria vs. definition of done.
- Document user stories in a version controlled repository to manage scope
6. User Acceptance: 8%
- Define and prepare the User Acceptance Test plan to confirm the solution meets the business requirements.
- Guide UAT and manage the results to determine whether the solution meets the requirements.
- Given a scenario, make a go/no-go release decision when new business or technical issues arise.
Difficulties in the Salesforce Business Analyst Exam
- Finding Proper Study Resource
Searching for and preparing the right study material is important. Candidates find it hard to find reliable and affordable study material to prepare for the exam.
- Time to Manage the Preparation
Various factors make it hard to prepare within the shortest possible time. You may not have a proper study plan which makes it difficult to learn in less time.
- Exam Pressure
Preparation with confidence is important. Many candidates find it hard to absorb the study pressure. Even if they are prepared well, they are unable to answer the right answer.
- Right Method to Register for the Exam
Another big issue for the candidates is that they find it hard to register for the exam. They look for the proper step-by-step guidance to register for the Salesforce Business Analyst exam.
- Finding the Proper Practice Material
Practicing the concepts from proper material makes it easier to learn how to solve the exam questions. Scam practice questions make it difficult to rely on available practice sites.
Read more: Are Salesforce Certifications Worth it?
Methods and Resources for Effective Preparation
- Use Authentic Study Material
A Plethora of study materials is available at the official Salesforce site. You can use the tailmixes, modules and exam guides from Salesforce to prepare for the course topics.
- Relieve the Exam Stress
Take the mock test or the practice test before appearing for the exam. The mock test will make you understand how well-prepared you are.
- Rely on Best Practice Material
Practice material reinforces your learning and concept-building. Reliable practice sites like Dumpsgate, provide updated and recent questions to understand the topics.
- Learn Proper Registration Process
Create a Webassessor account. This account ID will be used as your Salesforce login information. Fill in the required information, like the exam codes, language, day date and time for the exam. You will also choose whether to take the exam onsite and online. The final step is to pay the registration fee.
Quick Tips for Successful Attempt
- Make short notes
The exam topics are lengthy which are hard to link and memorize. Making short notes will help to understand and link the concepts. This will also be useful for final revision before the exam.
- Focus on the exam questions
Mostly the questions in the exam get wrong when you are unable to understand the questions properly. Hence, you must make sure that you understand the questions before marking the right answer.
- Search for the wrong options
It may happen that you do not find the right answer directly. You have to omit the wrong options and find the most appropriate option.
- Be seated before time
You must be seated for the exam before the exam starts. This will help you to absorb the exam pressure. In case you are short of time or you start your exam after the assigned time, your exam efficiency is automatically disturbed.
- Check your system
If you are taking the remote exam at your home or office, you must check your system is working properly. In case you have any technical issues, your exam marks will be penalized.
Read more: Top 9 Salesforce Certifications in 2023
The Salesforce Business Analyst exam can bring great foster to your skills and career. Passing the exam is one of the goals of any business professional who wants a hike in their professional pathway. This blog has been formulated keeping in view the survey of the difficulties faced by the exam applicants. The above tips and methods will help you crack the exam in just a single attempt. Make sure that you are fully committed to following the tips and resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
Salesforce Business Analyst certification is the best certification for business analysis.
The Salesforce Certified Business Analyst certification exam is designed for the following candidates who have:
- 2 years of Business Analyst experience, including demonstrated success owning and delivering business process improvements
- 2 years of Salesforce Platform experience
The time to learn the Salesforce business analyst exam is just 2 weeks. If you have prior experience, you may take less time. Well, some may take more than normal. Proper study material and preparation pathways can help to prepare in less time.
- Plan discovery activities based on key stakeholders.
- Map business processes, elicit requirements and write user stories.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills when working with business and technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Apply strong analytical and problem-solving skills.