In 2024, AWS certifications have become a favorable endorsement for your professional success. Over the passage of time, AWS has become a highly paid certification category. Amazon Web Services has become a prominent and recognized cloud platform that provides a wide range of certifications. If you earn a certification, it is evident that you acquire all the skills and knowledge relevant to that particular certification. Thus, applicants who have earned AWS certification are more likely to get their desired job positions with a market-competitive salary.
AWS provides certifications for various job titles including system administrator, developer, database admin, application architect, and sales purchase professional. You can choose a career path that suits your interest and earn relevant certification so that you can easily pass through the recruitment process and start your job.
What Are The Various Levels Of AWS Certifications?
AWS certifications begin from the basic level and continue till the expert level. Following are various levels of certifications and domains that are offered at each level.
Level 1: Foundational
Level 2: Associate
Level 3: Professional
Level 4: Specialty
1. Foundational Level
At the Foundation level, you just have to get the basic knowledge about the Cloud landscape that is necessary to get associate-level certifications. There is only one foundational certification known as AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification.
2. Associate Level
3. Professional Level
4. Specialty Level
How Are AWS Certifications Useful To Get A Job?
AWS certifications can foster your career because of the following reasons:
- Amazon Web Services are one of the most recognized certifications around the world.
- These certifications help you to earn a market competitive salary package.
- The examinations are centered on making the assessment feasible for all the candidates.
- You would score eligible certifications that match your interests.
What Jobs Are Offered To You If You Get AWS Certifications?
Amazon Web Service-certified employers are among one of the highly paid certification holders. Gaining an AWS certification can help you to get your dream job. Today we will let you know about various job positions, their corresponding salaries, and duties and responsibilities.
1. AWS Cloud Architect
Average Salary: $159,033 per annum
- Knowledge of web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage for cloud-based systems.
- Working knowledge of stateless systems, loose coupling, and best practices for developing cloud-ready apps.
- Knowledge of cloud federation technologies such as SAML, OAuth, and OpenID Connect, as well as how to deploy these technologies to enterprise and public-facing apps.
- Knowledge of cloud vendor cost structures and the capability to cost-effectively optimize solutions;
- Awareness of cloud information security threats and best practices, particularly in highly secure operational environments.
2. SysOps Administrator
Average Salary: $127,428 per annum
- AWS cloud management configuration; monitor and manage cloud services while configuring and optimizing the systems that support the cloud. carefully
- Enhance resources and work on those resources to help identify expenses associated with planning for governance, budgeting, and reporting.
- Understand the metrics and fully monitor the use of AWS resources by utilizing extremely complicated CloudWatch by Amazon
- Cut production time by utilizing the automated infrastructure that uses the Cloud Formation approach
- Utilize the AWS application platform to maintain Data Integrity and Access Control, as well as to efficiently monitor Charging and Cost-Optimization Techniques
3. Cloud Developer
Average salary: $115,032 per annum
- Create and put in place cloud infrastructures
- Advice on the many cloud architectures that are available
- Following up on and maintaining
- The creation of workflows and processes
- Methods for document integration
- Utilize performance indicators while capturing services.
- Instruct personnel about the new procedures and requirements
4. Cloud Sales & Purchase Manager
Average salary: $122,557 per annum
- Create, oversee, and carry out buying strategies
- Track and report important operational data to cut costs and boost efficiency
- Develop bargaining tactics and complete transactions in favorable conditions.
- Assist stakeholders in the creation of unambiguous requirements documents.
- Predict pricing and market trends to spot shifts in the buyer-supplier power balance
5. Cloud DevOps Engineer
Average salary: $135,000 per annum
- Establish medium-to-high complexity CI/CD pipelines to facilitate automated resource deployment to cloud environments.
- The capacity to participate in architecture discussions relating to technological controls and their application in a DevOps/Cloud context.
- Contribute to reviewing, introducing, and road mapping new technologies, vendor packages, and tools.
- Assure adherence to Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability, and Supportability standards and guidelines and offer Monitoring suggestions for jobs with a moderate to medium degree of complexity.
Read more: AWS DevOps Professional DOP-C02 Exam Guide
6. Key Account Manager, Cloud
Average salary: $114,516 per annum
- Establish trustworthy connections with a portfolio of important clients to prevent them from switching to competitors.
- Gain a solid grasp of the important demands and specifications of the customers.
- Develop your relationships with current clients by consistently offering them solutions that help them achieve their goals.
- Ensure that clients receive the right goods and services in a timely way.
- Act as a conduit for information between important clients and internal teams.
- Address concerns and any difficulties clients may have in order to preserve their confidence.
7. Cloud Software Engineer
Average salary: $128,018 per annum
- Exercise technical leadership at all stages of the development life cycle and concentrate on delivering high-quality solutions.
- Coach engineers on the engineering procedures and standards, code reviews, and technical decision-making
- Establish guidelines for architectural designs
- Oversee the management of cloud deployments, upgrades, migrations, and change requests on client cloud infrastructures.
- Write, use, and aid in the creation of scripts to automate routine tasks
- Based on customer needs, monitor and maintain various (Infrastructure and DevOps) environments
8. AWS Networking Specialist
Average salary: $126,900 per annum
- Manage AWS platform services, which include managing EC2 resources and resolving platform, network, and infrastructure-related problems.
- Create the tools employed with the Golang, Python, and Shell programming languages.
- Offer, design, and create innovative solutions to improve our client’s products’ strength, dependability, scalability, and affordability.
- Engage in conversations with the system engineering team to comprehend the requirements and take part in scrum sessions to communicate the status and design information
- Resolve problems with operations.
- Manage on-premises, cross-account, and AWS networking.
9. AWS Big Data Specialist
Average salary: US$123,807 per annum
- Decide on and incorporate any Big Data technologies and frameworks necessary to deliver essential capabilities.
- Implement the ETL process
- Track performance and recommend any required infrastructure modifications
- Create data retention guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
After gaining AWS certification, you can get a job in Amazon Web Service. After getting some experience, you can apply for your first entry-level job. This entry-level job can further lead you to a senior position in the same category.
The Solutions Architect – Associate certification is, undoubtedly, the best AWS cloud certification amongst others. It is the most demanding certification offered by AWS and provides a core foundation in AWS cloud computing.
AWS certification is valid for a period of 3 years. Before your certification expires, you can apply for another test for renewal of certification. This process is called recertification.
The passing percentage for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam is 97%. This means that 97% of the applicants can pass the exam.
If you have failed an exam, you must wait 14 days before you are eligible to retake the exam. There is a certain limit on the number of exam attempts. However, you need to pay the full registration fee for each exam attempt. If you have passed an exam, you will not be able to retake the same exam for two years.
On average, it takes 2 months to pass an AWS exam. However, if you are a newbie, you can take 3 months to fully prepare for the course.